The home of anything and everything to do with transport in and around Plymouth for TEN YEARS and counting!As we start the tenth year April looks like its going to be quite interesting. The next expansion of Plymouth Citybus into what used to be considered First territory is about to happen, with so far limited response by First. Will they play their next card in the coming weeks? Watch this space!
24 April 2015
22 April 2015
More Dennis Tridents from Brighton & Hove have now arrived at Milehouse awaiting refurbishment before being placed in service. The full batch will be registrations PK02RDU PK02RDV PK02RDY PK02RDZ PK02RFE PK02RFF PK02RFJ PK02RFL
The batch is due to fill fleet numbers 480 to 487 but I am not sure what order they are in. (480 RFF, 482 RDU 483 RDV)
There is still one to arrive in Plymouth – PK02RFE which is still in Brighton having not made it out of the city.
© Chris Sampson (cc) 29 AUG 2012
© Steven Hughes 16 APR 2005 (cc)
®Aureolindn (cc)20 MAY 2014
© Steven Hughes 16 APR 2005 (cc)
© Steven Hughes 17 APR 2004 (cc)
© Matt Davis 18 DEC 2010 (cc)
© Steven Hughes 16 APR 2005 (cc)
21 April 2015
Previous Posts: DT001, DT002, DT003, DT004, DT005, DT006, DT007,
Timetable Route 6 6APH1020951/185 - STAGECOACH DEVON LTD T/A Stagecoach South West, BELGRAVE ROAD, EXETER, EX1 2LB Variation Accepted: Operating between Exeter and Okehampton given service number 6A/6 effective from 19-Apr-2015. To amend Timetable.
Timetable New Route 15XPH1020951/227 - STAGECOACH DEVON LTD T/A Stagecoach South West, BELGRAVE ROAD, EXETER, EX1 2LB Registration Accepted by SN Starting Point: Bideford Quay Finish Point: Atlantic Village Via: Service Number: 15X Service Type: Normal Stopping Effective Date: 20-APR-2015 Other Details: Mondays to Saturdays except Bank Holidays every 30 mins.
As I type this up on the 14th there is no sight of it on the (awful) Stagecoach web site. This route is taken over from Beaconbus.
Fleet NewsDetails have been released for new buses on order across Stagecoach Group. The following are down for Stagecoach South West:
ADL Enviro400 MMC
10452 to 10456 for Exeter Depot, South West
Scania N230UD/ ADL Enviro400
15250 for Torquay Depot, South West (Gold Spec)
15251 to 15260 for Exeter Depot, South West (Gold Spec)
Enviro 300 Enviro 300
27226 for South West.
Optare Solo M920SL Optare
48003 – 48020 for Exeter.
These have been gleaned from several different reports and may be subject to change, as these things often are, but it does look like quite a supply of new buses for parts of Devon this year.
Cancelled Route 14/16
- PH1016164/30 HOLSWORTHY LTD T/A BEACON GARAGE, DOLTON BEACON, DOLTON , WINKLEIGH EX19 8PS Operating between Bideford and Bideford given service number 14/16 effective from 02May 2015.
© Ed Webster (creative commons) YJ62FHY see on the 16 July 2013
Cancelled Route 33/34
- PH1016164/20 HOLSWORTHY LTD T/A BEACON GARAGE, DOLTON BEACON,DOLTON , WINKLEIGH EX19 8PS Operating between Ilfracombe High Street and Ilfracombe High Street given service number 33/34 effective from 02May 2015.
Cancelled Route 186
- PH1016164/23 HOLSWORTHY LTD T/A BEACON GARAGE, DOLTON BEACON, DOLTON , WINKLEIGH EX19 8PS Operating between Dawlish Town Service and Dawlish Town Service given service number TN 186 effective from 02May 2015.
Cancelled Route 322
- PH1016164/6 HOLSWORTHY LTD T/A BEACON GARAGE, DOLTON BEACON, DOLTON , WINKLEIGH EX19 8PS Operating between Ashreigney and Barnstaple given service number 322 effective from 02May 2015.
Cancelled Route 372
- PH1016164/31 HOLSWORTHY LTD T/A BEACON GARAGE, DOLTON BEACON, DOLTON , WINKLEIGH EX19 8PS Operating between Bradworthy Square and Barnstaple Bus Station given service number 372 effective from 02May 2015.
Cancelled Route 386
- PH1016164/5 HOLSWORTHY LTD T/A BEACON GARAGE, DOLTON BEACON,DOLTON , WINKLEIGH EX19 8PS Operating between Petrockstowe and Barnstaple given service number 386 effective from 02May 2015.
Cancelled Route 648
- PH1016164/7 HOLSWORTHY LTD T/A BEACON GARAGE, DOLTON BEACON, DOLTON , WINKLEIGH EX19 8PS Operating between Winkleigh and Okehampton given service number 648 effective from 02May 2015.
Route 149 Cancelled
- PH1017984/103 - ALANSWAY COACHES LTD T/A COUNTRY BUS, KING CHARLES BUSINESS PK, OLD NEWTON RD, HEATHFIELD, NEWTON ABBOT, TQ12 6UT Cancellation Accepted: Operating between TOTNES and TORQUAY given service number 149 effective from 02-May-2015.
Sovereign Cars & Coaches
New Timetable route 381
- PH0006881/1 - RICHARD CHARLES KEECH & CYNTHIA MAY KEECH T/A SOVEREIGN CARS & COACHES, PINE LODGE, SIDMOUTH ROAD, ROUSDON, LYME REGIS, DT7 3RD Variation Accepted: Operating between Ottery St Mary, Thorne Farm Way and Ottery St Mary, Thorne Farm Way given service number ED/381 effective from 27-Apr-2015. To amend Timetable.
Not the full story yet…As noted above there are a lot of cancellations from Beaconbus. It appears that replacements for some of these are still being sorted with some last minute notifications appearing on VOSA over the last few days which I have yet to catch up with myself. Any not covered here this time will appear in the next issue.
Plymothian Transit Bus ServicesAs usual more information can be found here
6 6A: Bude > Launceston > Okehampton > Exeter (Stagecoach)
14: Bideford - Goaman Estate Tonn Circular (BeaconBus)
15X: Bideford > Atlantic Village (Stagecoach)
15X: Bideford Quay > Atlantic Village (Beaconbus)
16: Bideford - Appledore Circular (BeaconBus)
33: Ilfracombe - Crofts Lea Park – Berrynarbor (Beaconbus)
34: Ilfracombe > The Sheilds (BeaconBus)
149: Totnes > Torquay (Countrybus)
186 Dawlish Town Service (Beaconbus)
322: Ashrigney > Torrington > Bideford (Beaconbus)
372: Bradworthy Square > Parkham > Barnstaple Bus Station (Beaconbus)
381: Ottery St Mary Town Service Circular (Sovereign)
386: Petrockstowe > Torrington > Barnstap386: Petrockstowe > Torrington > Barnstaplele (Beaconbus)
648: Winkleigh > Exbourne > Okehampton (Beaconbus)
M: Exeter Paris Street > Cheeke Street (Dartline)
Other NewsPEOPLE turned out in their hundreds to view plans to extend the Lynton and Barnstaple Railway by four miles at the cost of £16 million. In addition to extending the railway to Whistlandpound Reservoir, the expansion would also see the restoration of railway stations at Blackmoor and Parracombe as well as an engineering shed at Blackmoor Gate
Read more: http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/Lynton-Barnstaple-Railway-plans-generate/story-26359944-detail/story.html#ixzz3XsrFFneU
FIREFIGHTERS from Tiverton carried an unconsciousness casualty through the back window of a double decker bus so the patient could be taken to hospital for further treatment. South Western Ambulance Service contacted the fire service as their paramedics were unable to get the patient who was on the top deck, out of the Stagecoach vehicle parked in Tiverton bus station.
Read more: http://www.middevongazette.co.uk/Firefighters-rescue-casualty-stuck-floor-bus/story-26340225-detail/story.html#ixzz3XssCGNQR
17 April 2015
After last Fridays Five Photo Feature on Enviro 200s this week we double up to Enviro 400s. This time though we have so much choice I will just look at First Group Enviros in the new Olympia livery on Park & Ride duties…