Although I will be covering all of these in more detail in an upcoming Devon / Cornwall Transit post, I give you the full list of service changes by Plymouth Citybus on the 4th September:
- 10 – After the introduction of a the new service 5 between Saltash and the City Centre via Devonport, service 10 will be withdrawn due to low passenger numbers.
- 11 – Reduced back to an hourly frequency from every 30 minutes. Although we have seen good growth since increasing the frequency to every 30 minutes, there was not enough growth to make it sustainable.
- 12 – Reduced back to an hourly frequency from every 30 minutes. Although we have seen good growth since increasing the frequency to every 30 minutes, there was not enough growth to make it sustainable. Service 12 will run between Plymouth & Launceston via Stoke Climsland.
- 12A – Will run from Plymouth and will follow the existing 78/78A route but will provide passengers in Downgate, Callington and St Dominic direct trips into Plymouth.
- 43 – This will replace the current service 50 section between City Centre to Ernesettle only. This has been done so that we can increase the frequency in the Ernesettle area. Newer buses will be arriving for this route soon.
- 50/50A – Derriford – Estover - City Centre remains the same, but now links with the current 51/51A giving Crownhill a link to Asda at Estover. Giving a new Derriford to Derriford / Holly Park Yellowflash service 50.
- 71A –Withdrawn as a summer service only.
- 5/5A – To add one additional evening journey Plymstock to City Centre in both directions due to passenger demand
- 11A –Liskeard to Padstow service. This will still be an hourly service with minor amendments to the timetable. This will link with service 11 in Liskeard to provide through journeys from Plymouth to Padstow.
- 12B – Launceston to Bude will continue to run the existing timetable and route but the timetable will see some minor amendments. This will link with service 12 in Launceston to provide through journeys from Plymouth to Bude.
- 16 / 33 – Will now serve Mayflower Street and Western Approach. Will drop off on Derrys Cross Roundabout before heading to stop A5 this has been done to congestion at Drakes Circus.
- 21/21A – Minor timetable amendments to evening trips to provide better point to point running times.
- 27/27A/27B – Revised evening trips due to interworking service issues, with newer buses arriving soon for this route.
- 32– Inbound services from Stoke will now serve Western Approach rather than Drakes Circus due to congestion, dropping off on Derry Cross Roundabout before serving stop A3 to head back to Torpoint. Outbound journeys departing Royal Parade will follow the existing route via Drakes Circus.
- 34/34A- Revised evening Journeys to serve Torpoint Ferry and Royal William Yard, replacing the current 34B. Revised morning running times to improve connections with Torpoint Services at Pottery Quay.
- 35/35A – Last trip Monday – Saturday extended from Ham Green to Milehouse due to passenger demand.
- 40/41 – Reduced frequency to every 15 minutes due to reduced passenger numbers on the corridor, now using the Blueflash services.
- 44 –To improve reliability the service will now serve Whitleigh Green, before doing a clockwise loop of Taunton Avenue and then back to serve Whitleigh Green before returning into the City.
- 45/46 – 45 will now be Plymouth to Tavistock and the 46 will be Tavistock to Okehampton. The services will link, providing a service between Tavistock and Okehampton. There will be no timetable changes as a result.
- 70/70A/70B – Will now serve Western Approach once it has departed the Railway Station. It will then drop off at Derrys Cross Roundabout and then serve stop A3 as normal before heading to Torpoint.
- 72 – Introduction of the winter timetable and the withdrawal of the Sunday service. To get to Looe from Plymouth on a Sunday please use service 11 to Liskeard then service 73 to Looe.
- 73/73A – 73 extended to Liskeard Morrisons and Liskeard Hospital at the request of passengers. 73A introduced to provide of a morning and afternoon school time journey via Widegates and Looe School.
- 74 – Additional journey in both directions, including a journey in both directions direct into Plymouth.
- 78/78A – Renumbered 12A, adding direct links into Plymouth.
- 81/82/83 – New Monday to Saturday service. This will provide early morning and late night journeys throughout the City. These have been created to transport shift workers in the City, including Citybus staff.
- 84/85 – New Sunday Service This will provide early morning and late night journeys throughout the City. These have been created to transport shift workers in the City, including Citybus staff.
The Plymouth - Tavistock section of the 46 gets renumbered 45, otherwsie the route is unchanged.
All of this is in a handy Hot Topic leaflet downloadable PDF from Plymouth Citybus HERE